With India's festival of colours, Holi, coming just around the corner, you must already be planning what to wear for the occasion and how to celebrate it.
While it is easy to decide what to wear for Holi, have you considered the lingerie you should wear under your clothing?
Here is a style guide that brings you tips on what to wear for Holi and lingerie styling tips.
What to Wear for Holi?
It's natural to select bright and colourful lingerie that matches the festive mood. But since Holi involves playing with water and colours, it is important to wear comfortable lingerie that allows you to move freely.
The best thing to do is opt for dark-coloured, natural fabrics, which will offer you support and coverage while not showing through your clothes.
Wearing a Cotton Bra and Panty for Holi
- Cotton is a light fabric that will keep you comfortable.
- Cotton is easy to clean and also dries quickly.
- It provides good coverage.
- Cotton is also eco-friendly.
Wearing a Camisole for Holi
A camisole can be a great option to wear for Holi festivities.
- Camisoles are breathable, making them perfect for warm weather.
- They can be worn as a standalone top or as an undergarment.
- Camisoles are made of soft, stretchy, and comfortable fabric.
- They are easy to wash and dry.
It is advisable to wear padded or seamless bras for Holi. Since the padding gives that additional coverage, they prevent the chances of nipple show-through.
Seamless Nude Panty
- Wearing a seamless nude panty for Holi can be a good option as it is comfortable, provides good coverage, and won't show through your clothes.
- Seamless panties are usually made of quick-drying material, which makes them perfect when you are likely to get wet.
- Wearing a nude-coloured panty will prevent any colour stains from showing through your clothes, especially if you are wearing light-coloured clothing.
Lingerie Styling Tips
Here are some lingerie styling tips for Holi:
• Choose Comfortable Lingerie: Comfort is key when it comes to Holi celebrations. Make sure you choose lingerie that is comfortable to wear for extended periods and won't cause any discomfort.
• Opt for Quick-Drying Fabrics: Holi celebrations involve a lot of water and colours, so make sure you choose lingerie made of quick-drying materials that won't get ruined by water or colours.
• Go for Nude Colour Bras: Nude colour bras, when worn under white outfits, will not show through. Since most women wear while for Holi, nude colour bras are the best option.
• Layer Your Lingerie: You can layer your lingerie with a colourful camisole or a lightweight t-shirt to create a fun and festive look.
• Choose Seamless Lingerie: Opt for seamless lingerie to prevent any visible panty lines or bra lines that may be visible under your clothes.
• Consider Sports Bras: Sports bras are a great option for Holi as they provide good support and are made of quick-drying materials.
Holi is all about colours, so choose ethnic outfits that have bright Indian colours. Incorporate those colours into your lingerie as well.
But remember to pick comfortable lingerie so you can spend the whole day comfortably.
Now that you know what to wear for Holi, go through the collections on amanté and buy your favorite ones!
FAQs on Wearing Lingerie for Holi
Which Bra is Visible in Holi?
Since most women wear all-white outfits during Holi, it is most advisable to wear nude bras, as they will not show through your dress. Any other colour will be visible through your outfit.
Also, wear padded or seamless bras, which will offer you additional coverage, to prevent the nipples from showing through.
You can also layer a colourful camisole or lightweight t-shirt over your bra for added coverage.
What Panties Should You Wear for Holi?
When it comes to choosing panties to wear for Holi celebrations, it's best to prioritize comfort, practicality, and coverage. Wear seamless cotton panties, preferably in nude shades.
High-waisted panties and boy shorts are good, too, as they provide great coverage.
Check out our other blogs: