The stress of the pandemic has affected all of us in varying measures. Some of us have found it incredibly taxing on our mental health while others have found it relatively easier to cope with the demands of the changing times. No matter which category you may find yourself in, it is always good to remind oneself that it is possible to arrive at a better acceptance of the self and situation through some simple habits and practices. Here, we offer you a choice of possible options that you can include into your everyday routine in order to stay both physically energized and mentally happy during these challenging times.
Taking care of mental health
- It is important to look after one’s mind, especially when one is living within confined spaces for a long time. Make sure that you are creatively occupied, doing the activities that help you keep calm and centred during the course of the time spent indoors during lockdown.
- If you enjoy spending time in the kitchen, approach it not simply as an everyday task but as a ritual that helps you connect with yourself.
- Read books that help you unwind. We might not recognize it at the time, but attempting to function in the same way that we were used to before the lockdown can result in us being too critical of ourselves. The times are difficult in themselves without requiring us to be additionally disparaging of the idle hours.
- Although we may not be communicating our seemingly individual trials with the people in our lives, it can be safely assumed that everyone is facing their own kinds of challenges. Reaching out to the people you care about, even if it is with the simplest of messages shared over social media, lets everyone know that we are connected and cared for.
Taking care of physical health
- Alongside maintaining equilibrium of thought and emotions, it is equally important to take care of the body. If the routines of lockdown allow, go for walks and be in the healing presence of nature. However, if you find yourself unable to step out, you can take some time out to exercise indoors. What is crucial is to allow oneself to be specifically attuned to the changing rhythms of life under lockdown.
- It is always good to work out along with an exercise video or by following the instructions on a fitness app. You can also put on some nice music and work out along with those musical beats.
Few Last Words
We hope you find these suggestions useful in helping you remain healthy and happy during the lockdown! Please remember to always wear your mask if you are stepping out. Remember that body and mind have to work together in order to help you feel at peace with yourself and with life lived with lockdown restrictions.
Check out our other blogs:Living Life under Lockdown: Notes for a Happier You
Double Masking Explained